ACM SIGHPC Education Chapter
Educational Award For Outstanding Contribution to Computational Science Education
The ACM SIGHPC Education Chapter is announcing the initiation of a biannual education award to recognize outstanding contributions to
computational, data-enabled science, and HPC education and training in all disciplines. We are seeking nominations for candidates
who have led projects or programs that have made significant contributions to computational science education, defined broadly to
include all disciplines and all education levels. The executive committee of the SIGHPC Education Chapter (Chair, Vice-chair,
and Secretary-treasurer) and SIGHPC are not eligible for this award.
Nominations will be evaluated based on these criteria:
- The work provides innovative training and education materials for computational, data-enabled, and HPC education
- The impact metrics for the project or program, if available
- The work has received widespread adoption of their approach and/or materials by other groups/organizations
- The project or program enhances the ability to engage, serve, and retain a diverse community of participants
- The work has been recognized through presentations and publications.
The recipient will receive a $2000 cash award, and travel support to attend the SC conference.
Nominations will include a statement endorsing the nominee, and up to three letters of endorsement. Applications are due by July 1, 2022 at anywhere on earth. The chapter will choose up to one award winner and up to two honorable mentions.
Questions concerning award eligibility and nominations can be directed to email@example.com.
Application forms templates are below:
Nomination Form Word Template
Nomination Form LateX Template